Translate

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Unexpected Delight

I'm not going to bore you to tears with remorse on not blogging. Life is what it is and yesterday was a beautiful page in mine. No, wasn't productive but it was enjoyable. Weather was magnificent and thanks to a constant wind, I was delighted by the scent of lilacs filling my "craft cave" that is currently more than a bit over whelming. I decided to go out and enjoy the smell close up and see if I could get a photo of the white lilacs which grow in our side yard. Why, you ask? For some reason, I have always loved the white over purple; normally as soon as the white blooms, it rains and turns them an icky, dead flower brown. I wanted a shot to remind me of the beauties they are.

Well, one thing led to another and I decided to snap a photo or two of the purples as I have a stamp for lilacs and have always struggled in capturing the shading correctly. Photo for future reference in the winter months to practice. Here is the first shot and need I remind you, the wind was blowing if it seems a tad blurry.

 While I snapped this photo, my eye was caught by something around the flower. Feel free to enlarge the one above and the next few if necessary to see if you can spot it.

Getting obvious? If only I could capture the smell while taking these, or the excitement of having it land on my hand. This is the best I can recreate and reward you for your perseverance in following through this post.




I normally leave with a parting thought and think this one sums up my post: 

 The butterfly is a flying flower,
The flower a tethered butterfly.

Ponce Denis Écouchard Lebrun


One last thing to share. As dusk was settling over, I attempted a photo through my living room window. Apparently we have new parents at our house. Yes, momma and papa Cardinal have built a nest in our shrubs. Couldn't resist snapping this of the proud papa watching over the babies while momma was off eating. He gets very nervous as our kitties now have cat TV with the opened front window and are very vocal, trying to lure him closer, while he babysits.  I hope to count how many babies there are over the week-end. 
Here's wishing each of you beauty and enjoyment wherever you are.

7 comments:

  1. An unexpected pleasure indeed :D
    Do we have to wait another 6 months for your next blog post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally enjoyed your blogging. It's sad you don't grace us more often with your way with words and pictures. Hopefully it won't be so long in between. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! love the small of lilac, we cannot grow them here as it is to windy and salty - the air that is, but they remind me of were I grew up. We had lovely purple ones by the clothesline and sometimes the clothes would come in with a faint smell of lilac.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post! The flowers are very beautiful and I can almost smell them here. Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh oh oh aren't they pretty, at first I thought it was a monarch butterfly but its not....I am guilty too of less than consistant blogging - but I do love to read yours be nice if there was a little more.....wouldn't hurt....xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Post B, filled with the wonders of nature :) What a treat to have them all in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely lilacs! And wonderful photographs! I bet your cats can get quite feisty in their attempts to lure that Cardinal closer.

    ReplyDelete