Translate

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #298 - Watercolor

I'm so excited to be doing a second blog post for Tuesday Throwdown. Today our sponsor is Freckled Fawn and the theme for today is watercolor. I used their Pink, Mint and Gold Puffy Star stickers along with their Long Classic Arrow paperclip.

I started with watercolor paper and my Twinkling H2O's paints. The pink is Pink Chiffon, the gold is Solar Gold and the green is Sea Glass. After soaking the paper in water, I applied at generous amount of the pink, a little less of the green and a tiny amount of the gold, applying more water for the colors to run and mix. Once I achieved my desired look, I let the paper dry out again. Trimmed down a panel, stamped the sentiment in Brilliance Lightning Black ink. Attached the gold arrow paperclip and mounted  to a minty green card blank. I then added the 3 puffy stars in gold and outlined all with a black Copic marker.

The golds on the paperclip and the stars are such a wonderful soft tone. I also loved that I could reposition the stickers until I achieved the desired effect. Here is what I created:

The photo is a bit washed out on the minty green but it does highlight the soft gold finish on the stars and paperclip. 

As many know, often I craft with my grandson who is currently attending summer school camp that really is more of fun, loosely structured form of what school will be when he starts this fall. While at camp he has become acquainted with "Pete the Cat" through story time, songs and arts and crafts. He made a "Pete the Cat". If you are unfamiliar with Pete here is a link to the song Pete loves his white shoes. In little man's excitement to show how Pete rocked his shoes he tore poor Pete's back legs off. After the tears dried, little man decided Pete need a band-aid to cover the leg reattachment I did. He spotted a roll of Washi tape from Freckled Fawn and gave Pete his band-aid which says crazy life. Very fitting for Pete and I think little man did a mighty fine job. 

I hope you enjoyed my card as much as I enjoyed working with Freckled Fawn's products. I'm also hoping to see your watercolor creations in the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #298. 




No comments:

Post a Comment