Translate

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Tuesday Throwdown Challenge 384 - Seeing Stars

"For my part I know nothing with any certainty but the sight of stars makes me dream." Vincent Van Gogh

With that in mind, I made my card for this week's Tuesday Throwdown challenge. Our sponsor, Bugaboo Digi Stamps allowed me to pick the image for our theme: seeing stars. Love, love, love Jodie and her store!

I stepped out of my "snarky and/or cute" comfort zone once again and used Beautiful Fairy, which is exactly what it is. I flipped her to face the opposite direction and proceeded to color with Zig Clean Color watercolor markers, using blues and pinks. Side note, I really love the flesh marker in this set. Photo isn't the greatest at showing how wonderful the skin tone is and how easy it is to layer and pull with water for shadows and depth. Trimmed with a small border, mounted on a piece of DCWV paper, glueing her legs flat, 1 layer foam tape in the middle area and 2 layers (stacked) foam tape to the orb and wings, giving really nice dimension.  I used a corner punch that both rounded and  starred one corner, adding a scrap of watercoloring behind the stars to tie into the fairy colors. Everything is mounted on a white 5 x 7" card base. Sentiment is from The Angel Company (out of business) and stamped with Versa Mark Purple Hydrangea ink.


Did you fall in love with this image like I did? Seriously, do yourself a favor and check out Bugaboo's store, she has something for every style, occasion and budget. Don't forget to star gaze the Design Team works and enter your creations for "seeing stars" at Tuesday Throwdown, where everyone is a star!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous image and beautifully created card!! Love the colors, and the star embellishments are perfect!! Love this side of you too, girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice and fairy tales pops into my head....
    Bugaboo stamps ....just browsed through the digis on my computer...miss making cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Love the colors and the background !!

    ReplyDelete