Translate

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #325 - Snowflake

A new year, a fresh start. Today is my first challenge of 2017 at Tuesday Throwdown. - snowflakes. Our wonderful sponsor is A Day for Daisies. I am using the I Love My Swing digital image.  Please stop by the store. There are so many lovely images, digital and clear polymer, for any occasion.

When I saw this image I immediately thought of a period oh so many years ago, when I spent time in Fort Collins, Colorado for the baptism of my godson. While it was winter, the weather was perfect. The snow fell in big, fat, sparkly flakes that muffled the sounds of everyday life and the temperature did not require bundling up, even at the midnight hour. It also reminds me of my childhood; the hours my sister and I spent on the swings at our local park, singing Camp Fire Girl songs to "entertain" anyone close enough to hear.

I took some liberty with the image by covering her springtime flowers with sparkly snowflakes.   Using my Copics, I attempted to capture the early twilight sky when we are changing from winter to spring. The snowflakes were punched (over and over) from an old Fiskars corner punch because it was the only snowflake thing I had. They are sparkled with Art Institute and Fun Stampers Journey glitters. Sentiment is from The Angel Company.


I hope you enjoyed my take on snowflakes and remember to check out  A Day for Daisies. To play along with us at Tuesday Throwdown just click on the link.  We love seeing all the creativity!



Parting thought: "Snow always inspires such awe in me. Just consider one tiny snowflake alone, so delicate, so fragile, so ethereal. And yet, let a billion of them come together through the majestic force of nature, they can screw up a whole city."   Betty White
                         

8 comments:

  1. Your card is darling! So sweet! You do grrrrr8!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is wonderful like usual. Please keep the snow up by you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I honored your request Marybeth. Just wish I could have sent the winds your way last night. Thank you for your kind words.

      Delete
  3. Aw what a cutie she looks so happy in the snow flakes. I'll take some of that snow off your hands any day :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know if I could figure out how to get it there, you would be be covered in it! Thanks for your kind words, means a lot.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. So happy to see you Christy. When are you going to enter these challenges?

      Delete