Translate

Monday, May 15, 2017

PIP Challenge 1720 May 15 - Bugaboo Stamps

Good morning! I hope everyone had a lovely Mother's Day here in the U.S. I know I did as spent the day with my daughter and grandson - okay, it might have been this huge chocolate cupcake frosted and filled with even more chocolate that made the day. It was so seriously huge that I couldn't fit it into my mouth without breaking it down in pieces. Best breakfast ever! Love those two for thinking of such a great gift.

Today is Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge 1720. How lucky are we to have Bugaboo Stamps as our sponsor again? Pretty darn lucky in my book because her shop (click link for new shop) is chock full of images of all types. Hardest time I have is deciding which ones I want. Such a problem to have.

This week I am using her Beautiful blocks - Live Love Laugh.  This image is so tranquil to me and I let that guide me in making my card.  I "water colored" the image on regular card stock with Copic Various Ink refills, a bit of blending solution and a paintbrush.  Color palette was kept simple using one blue, purple, yellow and green from nature's beauty . My only regret was I didn't have watercolor paper for the colors to flow better; all in all, I'm happy with the effect. I trimmed the block border off and mounted to a slightly large piece of black card stock, and then green, mustard and purple pieces. Center mounted all onto a white card blank measuring 5 x 7 inches. Clean, simple and in my opinion still tranquil.

Here is my card using Beautiful blocks - Live Love Laugh:


Be sure to shop Bugaboo Stamps, While you are there, maybe leave a little love thanking her for sponsoring this challenge. Then hop on over, check out the talented Design Team and enter your creations in PIP's Challenge 1720.


Parting thought:
                           "Life is too short to be anything but happy, Love deeply, forgive quickly, take chances, give everything with no regrets, Forget the past with exception of what you have learned and remember everything happens for a reason."   Unknown

3 comments:

  1. Its beautiful B and your water colouring is perfectly tranquil. Who doesn't love cheerful pansies? Glad you had a lovely Mothers Day - you deserve to be spoilt xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birdie, this is so soft and beautiful. Tranquil is the perfect description of your color palette!!! I love it (and all the butterflys <3)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just want you to know that I think this is fantastic! Love it! Your coloring is exceptional!

    ReplyDelete