Translate

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Tuesday Throwdown Challenge 402 - Heatwave

Heatwave, we're having a heatwave. At Tuesday Throwdown's challenge blog this week. I prefer their version of a heatwave which is to use hot colors. Easier on the body than Mother Nature's version. Our sponsor is Winnie and Walter where they want you to have fun in creating..

I am using Do You See What I See cutaway from Winnie and Walter. First I created my "heat wave" by using watercolor paper and shaking some Ken Oliver Color Burst in Gamboge. Spritzed generously with water, patted with a paper towel and shook Color Burst in Cadmium Scarlet onto this. Placed another paper towel over this and sprayed again, saturating the towel.

Gamboge
Cadmium Scarlet
Saturated toweling
Let dry and this was the result.
Applied a sheet of adhesive to the back side, ran through the die cutter with the "Do You See What I See" die, which cut like butter! Using a milkweed card, 5" x 7" (finished size), picked the majority of the shapes from the frame (remember I applied an adhesive sheet before die cutting.) Peeled the liner from the back and applied frame and pieces to the card. Ran a line of glue on bottom of the frame and randomly stacked some of the pieces I had picked out. Sentiment I am playing with for the inside is "I thought you might need a pick me up" but haven't made a decision yet. Any suggestions?

Here is the finished card.

Okay, even I admit I was a bit gabby in this post. You deserve to take a break. Might I suggest you do some shopping with Winnie and Walter. Of course you can't forget to make and share your version of hot colors with everyone at Tuesday Throwdown.

Catch you later, need to find someplace with A/C!

No comments:

Post a Comment