Translate

Friday, July 22, 2011

Day Thirty -four

As I know this birthday card has been received, I would love to share it with you. Yes, I made another manly card. Actually, this one is manlier than the one I did for my brother. No real ribbon here - just netting, jute and floss. The image was a freebie from Beccy's Place, "Old Boots." Click here for the image. Still working to master digital images. Don't know that I would use them 100 percent as there is a certain satisfaction that comes from stamping with rubber and ink. Believe this will be another area where compromise will be key.

Stuck with browns as I consider that to be a strong "guy" color and highlighted with touches of blue and gray to keep from being monochromatic. Choice of coloring medium would be Copic markers, what else! Can't master if I don't practice. Entire card is aged with Ranger's Tea Distress Ink and word sentiments are from The Angel Company.  Background paper from Stampin Up. Netting in background is old place mat cut into pieces. "Ribbon" is jute twine and embroidery floss. Believe it or not, took me twice as long to come up with the words on the front than it took to print and color the image. Never really realized how girly my birthday greetings were until I worked on this card.

I hope the recipient enjoyed getting as much as I enjoyed my attempt to make a manly card. If so, that means he probably went to a dark corner and cried like a girl with relief it was done!

Just kidding!! Hope you enjoy.

    

 

 

7 comments:

  1. I do like the boots, couldn't really get more manly. I guess when I see these, I do need to get out the Copics and practise. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how many freebies Beccys Place is offering - and love what you did with these boots :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!!!!!!!! Those old shoes remind me of my Grandpa. And you colored them to perfection as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey now....come on....male card? I thought you said you needed lessons???.....liar, liar, pants on fire....lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great card Bridget, love the colouring. I like all the embellishments you've combined the image with to give you a masculine card. I really enjoyed reading your post too and have to admit that I had a little chuckle imagining you rocking in the corner after you'd finished colouring! I think we all feel like that at some point. Thanks for the link to your blog, it's been fun having a little look around this morning, I do enjoy your writing style.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course he loved it, how couldn't he? Think you're following AM's footsteps with this, Manly to a T!

    ReplyDelete