Translate

Friday, May 6, 2016

Friendship

True friends are the ones who never leave your heart, even if they leave your life for a while. Even after years apart, you pick up with them right where you left off, and even if they die they're never dead in your heart.     unknown

On Thursday morning a lovely person I called my friend passed away. She fought a courageous battle. I cannot say she lost the battle for I believe she is in heaven, free from illness and pain, reunited with loved ones that went before her. I also believe a little piece of her spirit remains with anyone who knew her. That said, there is still a big hole in my heart for I will always miss her. We were "thick as thieves" growing up and as happens when we age, life often kept us out of touch. When we did connect, it was if no time had passed while we chatted long into the night or more correctly, into sunrise the next day. The hole in my heart comes from the times where life kept us apart and that she will never know how much I cherished her.

There has been a mental debate on whether I should post about this as I really don't know what proper etiquette is. I decided to post because I know so many card makers, me included, struggle with sympathy cards. She left behind family members I also care about, I made some cards for them and have decided to share with you in the hopes they might be a bit of inspiration when you are in need of a sympathy card.

My first card:


My second card:


My third card, using the Northern Lights technique::


My fourth card:



I was blessed with knowing and will forever cherish being her friend...








5 comments:

  1. Oh B, I'm so sorry for your loss. That is so sad :( your cards are beautiful. Biggest caring hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad for your loss, B, and hoping your lovely memories will help you through the worst of it. Your cards are truly beautiful and will be lasting reminders of your love x

    ReplyDelete