Translate

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #304 - Happy Birthday!!

Everytime I come to post I fight the urge to start singing "Hello" by Lionel Richie. I know, weird but true. I'm back today with another Tuesday Throwdown challenge for everyone. Our sponsor is Winnie & Walter with a Happy Birthday theme.

I couldn't resist their multifaceted Star cutaway dies. Everyone is a star on their birthday! Truth be told, I can foresee this die being used for many types of celebrations and milestones. While the dies are perfect for a shaker card, I wanted to stay a bit more simple in my approach.

Using DCWV "Fun in the Sun Summer Glitter Mat Stack", I cut the solid star from solid paper and the faceted star from a coordinating patterned paper. Mounted the "negative" patterned paper to a card blank, glued the detailed cutout to solid star and inserted over the negative space with some foam tape to elevate the star from the patterned background. The faceted star lines up exactly to the pattern on the paper,without any effort, creating visual flow.

Here is my card.


I'm happy you stopped by and hope you check out some of Winnie & Walter's great dies, stamps and embellishments. That said, don't forget to enter the Happy Birthday challenge because you're to busy shopping!


Parting thought:

    I am happy to report that my inner child is still ageless.
                                                  James Broughton


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Birdie!! Love your patterned paper and especially how you lined up the star cut out perfectly with the patterned paper! Wasn't it fun shopping at Winnie &Walter??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your card! It's simple yet fills you with happy colors! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fun patterned paper! This is so cheery.

    ReplyDelete