Now beyond the basics. Pearl Ex, Gum Arabic, water and paint brush. Normally I skip the Gum Arabic as a binding agent since the acetate will cover the final image. I opted to use as I wanted to make sure the blue Pearl Ex mixed well with the interference green Pearl Ex for a more intense iridescent effect which sometimes acetate can mute. For the background I used just the blue Pearl Ex and Distress Ink in Old Paper applied with the water brush.
Finishing off the background image is a little Copic coloring on the blossoms and twigs. I also touched up the face and chest of the bird with a little warm grey Copic. While it is recommended that Copics be colored first and then other mediums applied, I tend to use the grays over other mediums and do so with a lighter hand. Knock wood, no problem to date.
That's just about it...Trim to size, frame with some pretty paper strips, fancy cord and mount image to card. In this case I used a polarized embossed silver card stock which has more of the Old Paper Distress Ink around the edges to soften so much shimmer.
Plenty of room to customize the front yet or leave as is. I tend to like the cleaner line and open space. Gives the eyes a place to rest.
Speaking of rest....